Play Worker Volunteer
Are you interested in working with families? Our play workers enjoy helping to plan and coordinate our creative play sessions throughout the school holidays in Cranhill. If you would like to spend your time learning more about family play and child development through arts and crafts, family crafting, cooking sessions and outdoor play this could be the opportunity for you.
The main objective of our play worker volunteers is to assist in the delivery of the holiday play scheme to plan, organise and take part in play and leisure activities for 0 to 12 year olds.
We run a busy families programme throughout the year including which covers all school holidays, some evening events, trips, cultural and seasonal activities.
This is an ideal opportunity to gain experience in child development and play for those wishing to progress into youth provision employment opportunities, childcare and teaching but also to be involved and hands-on, in an exciting community project
Play Worker volunteers will be based in the Cranhill Development Trust where you will support and assist the Programming and volunteer team.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Welcome families to the play scheme
- To be friendly and approachable
- Liaise and report to the Play Workers and Volunteer Coordinator
- Plan activities with the children
- Organise play areas, materials and equipment
- Encourage fair and caring behaviour among the children
- Encourage independence and self-esteem
- Adhere to all health and safety procedures set by the Cranhill Development Trust
- Liaise with parents, carers, and other professionals
- Be knowledgeable about The Trusts classes, activities and events
- Signposting families towards further support within Cranhill Development Trust where appropriate
- Support and uphold the aims and mission of Cranhill Development Trust
This role would suit you if
- You are friendly and approachable
- Are reliable and enthusiastic
- Enjoy helping others
- Have an interest in community development and engagement
- Have an interest in child care, child developmentor teaching
- Are looking for experience for your CV
- Are looking to develop your own interpersonal and organisational skills
- You have some free time in which you would like to help a local community organisation
- This role would suit you if you are looking to progress into this field of work