Covid 19 response
Due to the ongoing Covid 19 Pandemic, staff at CDT supported people in many new and different ways including by phone, email and online via zoom and teams. From the beginning of the pandemic, we focussed on distribution of food, fuel grants and phone to ups to support the local community and since then we are delighted to have gradually resumed services in person when it has been safe to do so whilst following government guidelines.
During the pandemic, these are some of the ways we supported people in our community:
- Giving food support by issuing 3,551 food parcels to 391 households
- Making 1,159 welfare calls to those most vulnerable
- Making 748 applications to Money Matters, Home Energy Scotland and Fuel Bank foundation for fuel support
- Giving 100 children a Christmas gift
- Supporting 40 people with devices such as IPADs and Chromebooks from Connecting Scotland to help combat digital isolation